The main goal of CFCD is to ensures proper, effective and efficient implementation of the IPA funded projects, while respecting the principles of sound financial management and adequate controls. The effective use of EU pre-accession assistance in the Republic of Macedonia will support the Country to align itself with the accession criteria on the road towards membership
CFCD commits itself to a set of principles based on core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people and the promotion of trust, openness, teamwork, professionalism and pride. CFCD organises its activities in accordance with the principles of modern management which provides for an efficient control system of the entire organisation, in close connection with the importance, magnitude and complexity of the EU programmes performed under its own authority.
CFCD successfully reaches what is set as its main goal trough the following:
- The management and staff aim for highest quality standards in all activities they manage or perform;
- An adequate number of qualified staff is provided at all levels;
- Top management ensures that the established ethics and culture are understood throughout the organisation, by providing clarity when making decisions;
- Staff competence – the management and staff define the knowledge and skills required for each position, and review training needs in the context of the annual staff appraisal, ensuring that identified training needs are met as soon as possible through training benefit to the staff;
- Sensitive functions potentially open to undue influence that could be detrimental to the Communities’ and national budget financial interests are identified and proper actions through enhanced control and supervision are taken;
- Delegation – responsibilities and authority limits are clearly defined, assigned and communicated in writing and delegation is appropriate to the importance of the decisions to be taken and the risks involved, and no member of staff is in doubt as to the extent of their responsibilities;
- Appropriate arrangements to ensure the continuity of operations at any moment are established;
- Recording and correction of internal control weaknesses is applied.